1. College Caesar Commentary (.pdf, 8.5 mb; rev. July 2017 )
This link contains a free pdf copy of College Caesar. This commentary includes all the selections that appear on College Board AP Latin syllabus in the United States from Caesar’s Commentaries on the Gallic War
- Book 1: Chapters 1-7 Book 5: Chapters 24-48
- Book 4: Chapters 24-35 Book 6: Chapters 13-20
Why choose this series over competing AP textbook series?
- Free access to the pdf edition: Teachers can present the pdf in-class or virtually to support instruction and upload the pdf to a class website for student access. Students can access the pdf at home and in class.
- Lessons divided to promote pacing: Teachers can assign daily lessons to promote good pacing. Since each lesson is two pages long, students know precisely where a new assignment begins and ends. The 63 lessons in Vergil and 70 in Caesar allow teachers to complete the syllabus and still have time for regular testing, breaks, and review before the AP exam.
- No page flipping: Students have ready access to all non-core vocabulary and grammatical notes for each lesson without turning a page.
- Translation sheets are arranged by lesson to keep students organized: The text on the downloadable and printable translation sheets is identical in format to the text in each lesson, so students can take notes, stay organized, and never lose their place as their eyes between the commentary and translation sheets.
- Thin and portable: Students can fit each volume in the pocket of a binder.
- 7 x 10 inch. size: Students can keep volumes open flat on desk as they work.
- Inexpensive: College Caesar and College Vergil cost $9.95 each.
The companion College Vergil commentary (AP selections) is available in pdf here.
2. Modified College Caesar Commentary for online viewing (pdf, 9.4mb, 29Jun21) This modified pdf includes two pages from the commentary on each pdf page (8 x 11.5 in.) so that readers may access the two pages of each lesson more easily for online reading. If you wish to print individual pages (7 x 10 in.), please use the original pdf.
3. Student Translation sheet, double-spaced (.pdf, revised June 2012)
8.5 x 11 in. sheets with the Latin text and lined spaces for written translations or note taking. The Latin text is identical in format to the text in the textbook and presentations.
4. Teacher’s PowerPoint Presentation: the entire Latin text for College Caesar in the exact format as the textbook and the student translation sheets.
College Caesar PowerPoint Presentation, 1.5 spaced (.ppt, revised June 2012)
College Caesar PowerPoint Presentation, double-spaced (.ppt revised June 2012)
5. Running Core Vocab Flashcards in PowerPoint format (.zip, .ppt, 881 kb) rev. 9 July 2013
Readers do not have a copy of PowerPoint can download the free PowerPoint viewer from Microsoft.com. Teachers can also review these slides in class. As you master vocabulary, delete slides that you no longer need to review.
6. Running Core Vocab Flashcards in .jpg format (.zip, ..jpg, 14 mb) rev. 9 July 2013
Upload these images to your smartphone, tablet or similar device and view the flashcards sequentially in the photo viewer. Delete flashcard images that you no longer need to review.