1. Plato’s Symposium Commentary (Rev. Sept 2014 10 MB — Right-click on PC, ctrl-click on Mac for option to download directly, otherwise it will download slowly within the browser. )
This link contains a free pdf copy of Plato’s Symposium: Greek Text with Facing Vocabulary and Commentary available for $13.95 on Amazon.com under a Creative Commons License. If you find this book useful, the best way that you can show your support is by recommending this book and the website to a friend or a fellow colleague. Thank you.
2. SymposiumCoreVocabulary : 7 or more times in the Symposium (.pdf)
This file contains the six-page core vocabulary list from the glossary of the commentary above. I recommend that readers print out this list and, until they have mastered the vocabulary, consult the list as they read.
3. Symposium Core Vocab Flashcards: Powerpoint Presentations (.zip file, 1.8 mb)
These presentations contain core vocabulary flashcard slides (one slide Greek, the next slide Greek and English definition) for all nine pages of the core vocabulary in the Symposium. Readers must download the SPIonic font (available free online) to view these slide shows. A free PowerPoint presentation viewer is available from Microsoft.com.
4. Symposium Core Vocab Flashcards: .jpg images (20 MB, .zip, .jpg)
This .zip file contains nine folders corresponding to the nine pages of core vocabulary. Within the folders are paired .jpg flashcards (see the examples below) for all of the core vocabulary words. View these on a computer or upload them as photos onto an smartphone or similar device and view them sequentially.
5. Symposium vocabulary (3 to 6 times) (.pdf)
This file contains a four-page vocabulary list of all words occurring 3 to 6 times in the Symposium. Within the commentary, these words are marked by an asterisk on the facing pages but not isolated into a core list. Readers who have reviewed the core vocabulary (7 or more times) and wish to continue their review of vocabulary should consult this 3-to-6 times list. There are currently no flashcards available for this words, but I would be happy to create them upon request.