1. Plato’s Symposium Commentary (Rev. Sept 2014 10 MB )
This link contains a free pdf copy of Plato’s Symposium: Greek Text with Facing Vocabulary and Commentary available for $14.95 on Amazon.com.
2. SymposiumCoreVocabulary : 7 or more times in the Symposium (.pdf)
This file contains the six-page core vocabulary list from the glossary of the commentary above.
3. Symposium Core Vocab Flashcards: Powerpoint Presentations (.zip file, 1.8 mb)
These presentations contain core vocabulary flashcard slides (one slide Greek, the next slide Greek and English definition) for all nine pages of the core vocabulary in the Symposium. Readers must download the SPIonic font (available free online) to view these slide shows.
4. Symposium Core Vocab Flashcards: .jpg images (20 MB, .zip, .jpg)
This .zip file contains nine folders corresponding to the nine pages of core vocabulary. Within the folders are paired .jpg flashcards (see the examples below) for all of the core vocabulary words. View these on a computer or upload them as photos onto an smartphone and view them sequentially.
5. Symposium vocabulary (3 to 6 times) (.pdf)
This file contains a four-page vocabulary list of all words occurring 3 to 6 times in the Symposium. Within the commentary, these words are marked by an asterisk on the facing pages but not isolated into a core list. Readers who have reviewed the core vocabulary (7 or more times) and wish to continue their review of vocabulary should consult this 3-to-6 times list.